JOOK LTD (“JOOK”, “Company” “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) explains how we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By visiting and using our website, digital app or platform (the “Service”), you are accepting and consenting to this policy and agree to abide by it. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the Service. We may, from time to time, make changes to this policy; the most current version will always be at https://www.jookthelook.com/privacy. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is JOOK Limited whose registered address is 69 Wilson Street, Jook Ltd, Idea London, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 2BB.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Where we state below that we use your information to send you marketing communications, we may do so on the basis it is in our legitimate interests (where you are an account holder and we are informing you about our products and services), where we provide you with an opt-out option, or because you have consented to receiving such marketing communications from us. We will only send you marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when you use the Service. This may include any information you give us by filling in forms on the Service, including when you register to use our Service, download our app, place an order through the Service, post material or request further services or information. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial information and personal description. All credit card information is entered into the payment system of our payment providers and JOOK does not see or keep these details;
- Information that third parties provide to us about you. For example, when you connect your account via a social network such as Instagram or Facebook, we may collect personal information from the social network in accordance with your privacy settings on that social network; If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details; Information that you upload to, or choose to share through, our Service including profile information, your interests, likes and dislikes or any other personal information in data that you upload;
- We hold information about the preferences you set for notifications, marketing communications and how our site is displayed or what content is displayed to you through our Service. We will use your preference settings for the purpose of providing notifications, sending marketing communications and displaying our Service in accordance with your choices.
- Information that you provide us by completing surveys on our Service or as carried out by our approved third parties; and Technical information which we may automatically collect, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and details of your visits to, and use of, our Service including, but not limited to, the pages and products you view or search for on the Service, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- to ensure that content on our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile handset or computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- in the legitimate interests to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in the features of our Service, when you choose to do so;
- to allow you to carry out transactions with our retail and payment partners through our Service and third party websites;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to administer and improve our Service; and
- in legitimate interests to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve you and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Typically, the information we collect about how you use or connect to our Service is associated with your device and not you as a named individual. However, if you are logged into a registered account you have with us this information may also be associated with you directly.
We use information about your device in order to optimise the presentation and functioning of our Service to you on your device and in the legitimate interests of ensuring that banned users are not able to access the Service by creating a new account.
We shall not request from you any personal information, which is deemed sensitive data, including without limitation, information regarding religious or other beliefs, physical and mental health details, sexual life, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership and/or offences, and we ask users of the Service not to supply us or any other user with any sensitive personal information, given the nature of the Service and that user profiles and comments are visible by other users. Where you do provide sensitive personal information to us on the Service you hereby confirm that you are deliberately making this information public of your own volition and accept that we may request that you remove such data from the Service.
3. YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
Email – Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase from our Services, unless you tell us otherwise, from time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services. If you do not want us to contact you by email, you can change your email marketing preferences by emailing us at email@example.com and letting us know that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you. Push notifications – where you allow us to in your operating system settings, we will send you notifications relating to the Service. You can change your push notification preferences at any time in your account settings. Where you have given us permission to do so, we may share your information with selected third parties so that they can provide you with information about their products and services using email. If, after you have given us permission to share your email address with selected third parties, you change your mind, you can change your email marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know that you do not want us to share your email address with third parties for marketing purposes.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers or users will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, retail partners or third parties, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women following the trend “Monochrome”). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
For more information about what cookies are and how they can be controlled, please visit the third party educational resource www.allaboutcookies.org.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you is stored on information technology systems located in the EEA which are operated by us. Some data processing in relation to web and email services is carried out on our behalf by a third party which may operate outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Certain parts of our Service may include social networking features. Please ensure that when you use these features, you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
7. STORING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Timeframe – We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you have an account with us your Personal Information will be kept by us for as long as your account remains active. If you deactivate your account your personal information will be kept for a reasonable period of time after this so that we can complete any activities already initiated or where we have a need to retain your personal information for legal or technical reasons (including back-up systems) for example to retain proof of transactions for the enforcement of our rights, and to enable the other party to a transaction to access records of past purchases or sales. Following this period we will either delete the information or change it to a form that does not identify you.
For details of retention periods for other aspects of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Right to access your information: You are entitled to see the information held about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it, and we shall comply with our obligations under applicable data protection legislation in relation to any request by you. We may charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request if it is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month (once we have been able to verify your identity). Occasionally it may take us longer than this if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests.
Right to request correction of your information: You may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate and kept up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Right to request erasure of your information: In certain circumstances you may also ask us to erase personal information relating to you. We may not always be able to comply with your request for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request. You can exercise your right to delete certain personal information about you by closing your account with us, although we may need to keep some information about you in accordance with the “Storing and transferring your personal information” section above.
Right to object to processing: You may object to use processing your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest where you believe it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. We will consider any such objection, however in some cases we may demonstrate that our legitimate grounds override your rights and freedoms. You may also object to us processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes (see “Your Marketing Preferences” above for further information about how to do this).
Right to restriction of processing: You may ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; © where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Right to request the transfer of your information: You have the right to request a transfer of certain of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice, which we will provide in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Right to withdraw consent: Where we are relying on your consent to process your personal information you may withdraw this consent at any time (which you can do by changing the settings in your mobile device in relation to location data or by changing the privacy settings on your social networks in relation to information we collect from those networks).
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using our email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may need to request specific information from you when you exercise your rights to confirm your identity and to speed up our response. We may not be able to fulfil your request if we are not able to identify you.
Most of the personal information we hold about you is either available directly from viewing your account and looking back over your own activities or is available from the social networks that you have connected to our Service. If you think that there is other personal information which you think we hold, please contact us using email@example.com. Please provide as much information as you can about the personal information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10. HOW TO CONTACT JOOK